Find your dream role
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Our client is a business services firm providing innovative solutions to a leading WA business in the health industry. A fascinating business model, the more we delved into the detail, the more impressed we were! The business was formed with the intention to be the “back-office” for this company however, due to their success they have also started to attract external clients too. They pride themselves on providing “the full kitchen sink service”.
Described as a “complex, moving beast” you need to be razor-sharp and productive, and to be fair, that is how the current team would be described too. They admit there is going to be a lot to get your head around at first but are aware of the challenges any new hires would face and don’t expect them to be completely up to speed.
The business is continuing to grow, and the learning opportunities are enormous, so you will be a very welcome addition to a team that is currently feeling a little stretched! Based 10 minutes south of the CBD, there is free parking by the office, or alternatively, it is right by a bus route.
As the Senior Accountant, you will report directly to the Financial Controller and play an integral part in the Finance team. You will be responsible for the implementation and maintenance of the accounting database (Xero), financial reporting, cash-flow reporting, budgeting and preparation of financial statements. There is very little tax work as most of this is outsourced to the “experts” (a Perth based accounting firm).
Here is a snapshot of your responsibilities:
- Budgeting/Forecasting and Cash-Flow - prepare statements and produce budgets, prepare and maintain P&Ls, lead budget variances commentary and reporting, prepare daily cash-flow projects
- Financial Control – control quality and timely submission of forecasts and budgets, execute improvement plans, support month-end and year-end close processes
- Accounting system - assist with the Xero implementation process, rectify any Xero issues within the implementation period and assist with building reports in Xero
- Data Processing, Bookkeeping and Accounting – Maintain financial accounts and general ledger systems, bank, debtor and creditor reconciliations
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We are looking for someone who is ready to take on an “enjoyable challenge” and who is a bit of an expert with numbers. You must be incredibly motivated and constantly want to improve processes to create more efficiencies. We are also looking for:
- At least 5 years experience as an accountant
- Experience supervising employees with the ability to lead
- Great prioritisation skills and the ability to “push back” when required
- Experience using Xero
- A tertiary qualification in Accounting
- CPA or CA Professional Membership
- Strong commercial acumen
- Experience liaising with senior stakeholders
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Jaclyn O’Donnell.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.