Find your dream role
Underground Driller's Offsiders
Western Australia, Australia
Probation to Permanent
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
We’re Itch, we’re not your typical drilling recruitment agency! Unlike others, we’ve actually worked on drill rigs, and have years of experience. You wouldn’t go to your bartender for advice on your car’s engine, so why would you go to anyone else but the experts? We want to take away the barriers and help people start their careers in the mining industry!
We’re searching for entry-level and experienced Underground Driller’s Offsiders for our industry-leading client. Before you even leave Perth, you get to come and play in their state-of-the-art underground simulation facility for 4 days of PAID training. After you pass your 4-month probation with us, you’ll be offered a PERMANENT position with our client.
The perks of the job are absolutely second to none:
- Competitive wage starting at $35.50p/h. If you have some experience under your belt, you’ll be looking at $37.50 + meter bonus. (You’ll be buying a lifted, bead-locked, stainless steel snorkelled, monster truck of a Hilux, in no time)
- 2:1 roster, plenty of time to play with your new toys!
- Minesite work only (no swags or cooking your own meals)
- Access to employee assistance and FIFO wellbeing programs
This isn’t just a job; it can progress into a wicked career that could take you around the world! As soon as you sign on to be a permanent employee, you’ll be enrolled in your Certificate II in Drilling. These guys want to train you up and help you become a qualified Driller! (Drillers typically earn $150-250K per year!)
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Here comes the boar-ing stuff. At a minimum we NEED you to have the following:
- At least 12 months in a labour-intensive background
- A C-Class manual driving licence. P-Plates accepted
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us).
- Be a WA resident with Australian work rights
- High level of physical fitness. (You will be put through your paces in our testing room.)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and pass a drug and alcohol test
- Willingness to obtain a First Aid Certificate
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram