Find your dream role
Technical Service Manager
Melbourne VIC, Australia
SO WHO ARE THEY, WE CAN'T TELL YOU BUT MAYBE TAKE A GUESS?
Our client, a global business with branches in every state, provides telecommunications solutions to a wide variety of industries such as mining, oil and gas, aviation, transport, construction, and the list goes on. They pride themselves on their customer focus, technical competence, and international-standard quality assurance. The leadership team encourages autonomy, is supportive and communicates openly.
THIS IS THE SECTION THAT WILL MAKE YOU WANT TO HIT ‘APPLY’
You are the point where service, delivery, commercial outcomes and happiness (all round) meet!
Known for your ability to foster teamwork, you will encourage a positive culture within the Technical Services Department. You will be a well-regarded mentor as you put to good use your previous technical experience and provide a clear reporting line between the State Manager, the all-important client and the teams across Vic and Tas. This is a vital role in the business where you will be key to service delivery and be across great commercial outcomes. Working with an awesome leadership team (and when we say AWESOME we mean it) you will feel supported, appreciated and respected.
So what do you need to know about the day-to-day and beyond duties…
- The customer service aspect will involve overseeing all scheduling and solution deliveries to clients for both services and products as well as providing accurate delivery schedules, managing technical requests and delivery times, and overseeing human and equipment resources
- Providing technical advice and assistance to the Sales team to ensure customers are provided with accurate technical information and quotations for technical services
- Providing accurate and competitive quotations and drawings that specify the products and services that would be supplied to the customer
- Ensuring all products and services delivered to the customer fulfil the intent of the order, are on time and within approved budgets
- Managing the completion and maintenance of customer technical records and quality records, such as calibration and licence information
- Developing and maintaining a detailed technical knowledge of the products and services, in order to successfully lead the team across all aspects of solution delivery including resourcing, reporting, and problem-solving
- Responding to technical questions from customers and internal stakeholders with well-researched and accurate answers, and providing documented findings
- Identifying the technical training needs for all products and services and advising on the technical knowledge requirements for the team
SO DO YOU ‘CUT THE MUSTARD’ BY HAVING THE FOLLOWING;
- Certificate III or higher in Electronics Engineering, RF engineering or related fields of study
- Technical knowledge of radio communications and/or other technical services is a bonus
- Experience with P25, TETRA and DMR radio will be highly regarded, but not essential
- Knowledge of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) regulatory landscape
- If you've led a small team out in the field and are ready for a bigger challenge
- Willing to step up and grow (all within a supported environment)
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Courtney Powys.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.