Find your dream role
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Our client is a well-established business in the commercial and industrial telecommunications space, they service major mining, industrial, government, transport, and security industries Australia-wide. The successful candidate will become a part of a great organisation that has a commitment to ongoing learning, career opportunities and rewarding and exciting projects with NO big organisation politics.
The primary focus of this role is to (you guessed it) provide solutions. Specifically, throughout the sales process while supporting the sales team. You will be the go-to person for technical guidance, recommendations during the sales process and meeting customer requirements.
Reporting to the Technical Services Manager, you will liaise with the sales team to suss out the customer requirements and proactively provide solutions in line with the scope and budget. You’ll be joining a growing and high performing team, the best of the best, and projects to match. In order to successfully support the sales team, you will need to develop and maintain a detailed and technical knowledge of the products and services offered, fully supported of course.
Pre-Sales Technical Support:
- Liaising with the sales team to gain an understanding of the customer requirements
- Proactively suggesting and scoping technical solutions to meet customer and sales requirements, then providing detailed scope for the TSM
- Creating bills of materials and cost pricing for suggested technical solutions in line with the sales team
- Creating proposed scope of works and technical drawings to support quoted solutions
- Assisting customers & sales team with technical questions during the sales process
- Supporting tender documentation
- Providing pre/post, system documentation
- Co-ordinate resources during quoting process to ensure quoting timelines are met
- Attending customer appointments and liaising with customers as the technical resource for the company, (pre/post-sale)
- For work won, creating detailed work packages, and providing adequate handover for documents and materials for the TSM and or project team
Other Technical Support:
- Develop and maintain a detailed technical knowledge of the products and services which are offered, in order to successfully support the sales team across all aspects of solution delivery including products, resourcing, reports, problem-solving, PMI, presentations material, etc
- Produce professional documentation such as complete packages for customers, scope reports for the service team
- Respond to technical questions from customers and internal stakeholders with well researched and accurate answers, and provide documented findings
- Provide ongoing infield support to the team during projects
- Assist the team with general technical support and overflow work as needed
- Proactively monitor supplier firmware & software releases
- Provide audits and reports on customer communication systems
- Communicating the latest product knowledge & features to relevant internal and external parties
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We’re on the hunt for someone who has proven success in a senior technical role, ready and willing to take on the challenge. Someone who knows there is no “I” in team.
- Certificate III or higher in electronics engineering, RF engineering or related fields of study
- Other role-related licences and registrations as required
- Strong technical knowledge of the following radio communications equipment: P25, TETRA, and DMR radio equipment, Radio Spectrum, Network-based radio systems
- Knowledge of the Australian Communications and Media Authority (ACMA) regulatory landscape
- Wireless, IP networking, PAGA, telephony and microwave experience is highly desirable
- Public Announcement, radar and display, compass, access control, CCTV, UPS, and complex antenna systems experience is desirable
- Demonstrated ability to integrate and implement technical solutions with management and user groups
- Proactively look for areas of improvement and drive innovation within the business
- Good follow up and exceptional communication and customer service skills
- Ability to problem solve under pressure and present clearly to others how to resolve issues
Awesome salary package on offer.
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Jodie Perram
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.