Find your dream role
Senior Accounts Officer
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Our client specialises in delivering innovative business solutions through a range of services. The special ingredient in the business here is the culture. They’re a very intelligent bunch whose skills match the diverse mix of services they offer. They genuinely understand that their people ensure the success of their clients, which in turn reflects the value of the business. Located in the lovely West Perth office, they work alongside each other to nut out solutions in a supportive environment built on trust, quality and innovation and they take time to celebrate the wins together.
It’s a very hands-on role focusing mainly on the accounts, but we are also looking for someone who’s keen to get stuck into the admin as well. You will be reporting to the Operations Manager, (who is great by the way) and there is no micromanaging here (winning!). You will have a thorough handover, guided every step of the way to set you up for success, as well as back up from the office administrator for things like petty cash, bank reconciliation and data entry.
Here’s a look at your responsibilities:
- Managing accounts payable and receivable and invoicing
- Following up on outstanding accounts
- Onboarding and offboarding employees
- Processing payroll (4-week cycle)
- Bank reconciliations and bookkeeping through MYOB
- Lodging monthly PAYG and quarterly BAS
- Processing superannuation and keeping on top of changes
- Lodging payroll tax returns
- Managing petty cash and expense claims
- Liaising and building relationships with stakeholders/clients
- Monthly reporting
- General administration tasks
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We’re looking for someone who’s very handy with MYOB and has a minimum of 5 years of bookkeeping experience.
You will also need:
- Good follow up, you’re not afraid to continually chase the information you need
- Up to date knowledge of payroll, superannuation and BAS knowledge
- Strong organisational skills
- The ability to meet monthly deadlines in a precise manner
- Crystal clear communication
- High attention to detail, you cross all the “I’s” and dot all the “T’s”
- Self-driven and happy to pitch in when need be
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Jaclyn O’Donnell and include an answer to the question.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.