Satellite Gateway Manager
Mount Isa City QLD, Australia
WHY THIS ROLE?
You have cut your teeth in the RF comms industry with at least 5 years experience as communications technician, and may have some experience managing people and projects. You know all the ins and outs of ensuring comms systems are well maintained and managed. You have managed technicians or a small team and understand how to get the best out of them and most importantly you still have that thirst for developing your knowledge and skillset in the communications arena.
Now you are looking for your next challenge… and that is what makes this the role you have been looking for.
You will be working as part of a global organisation that has been given the green light to assist one of the worlds largest companies to integrate their technology into a low earth orbit satellite network. This upgrade will provide this clients millions of users with access to life saving communication capabilities in emergency situations that will inevitably save lives.
So, in short you will be working with some pretty cool tech that not many people will have the chance to get their hands on and feel good about doing it!
This role suits the person that can not only manage a team, but also still likes rolling their sleeves up (when required) and getting back on the tools.
This role is a live in role based in Mount Isa so you will either be based in the area or willing to relocate.
The position offers a very generous remuneration and benefits package that coupled with the career developing tech you will be working with makes this a very attractive role for the right person.
- Professional designation such as engineering technician or technologist in Electronics, Computer Science, or Information Systems (or equivalent) from a recognised institution or equivalent military training and experience
- Five (5) years of hands-on experience in a telecommunication operational environment preferred
- Detailed technical knowledge of computer and telecommunication equipment and systems such as PSTN, LAN, WAN, UNIX, and personal computer operating systems
- Knowledge of telecommunication systems and protocols including TCP/IP, SNMP
- Excellent written and verbal communication skills along with exceptional organisational skills and attention to detail
- Excellent analytical and problem-solving skills
SOUND LIKE YOUR TYPE OF CHALLENGE?
To learn more about this role please forward your resume (in Word format please) along with a cover letter telling me why this is the role for you. Alternatively if you would like to have a confidential discussion please feel free to contact me, Courtney Powys, on 0491 353 141. I have worked in the communications space for many years and more than happy to answer your questions.