Our client is an owner and distributor of a premium pet care product. Situated in beautiful offices in the greater Fremantle area, this small team of hard working, friendly people are looking for a reliable and confident person for a long-term opportunity in a sales role.
After seeing a need for a quality, science-based product in the Australian market, they released a new, retail-focused brand. This product has been developed by a professional animal nutritionist, who is passionate about meeting the nutritional needs of pets at every stage of their life – supporting their bodies and brains.
As much as we’d like to tell you it’s all puppies and rainbows, there will be sales work involved. There is already a solid national distribution agreement in place, so essentially, you will be a hunter (the good kind), looking to generate leads, grow the customer base, manage existing accounts, and work closely with the distributor to deliver on product guarantees.
There is an expectation that you will be on the road (or in the air) – this job simply cannot be done from behind a desk – you need to be out and about, meeting customers and educating them about the product. There will be regional visits once a month as well as interstate travel to South Australia to ensure all promises are being kept in the Southern state.
All the fun sales stuff like trade shows and conferences will be included in the role, along with some weekend work. Retail merchandising and hosting the “lunch and learn” will also be required. As part of a small sales team, there are times when you may find yourself sitting in the manager’s chair whilst he is travelling, but don’t fret, you will be trained prior.
You will receive a generous base salary, plus superannuation, plus a car allowance and very enticing incentives as a treat.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
First of all, you must really love animals. We are looking for someone who has a background in the vet industry, as well as a proven track record in building a customer base. Your motivation to sell should come through a desire to make the lives of pets better, rather than by making money (money should be the outcome, not the goal!) To do this, you will need to become emotionally attached to the results of the product through understanding the product thoroughly and developing a genuine belief in its effectiveness.
We are looking for the following experience and capability:
- Experience developing and implementing a growth sales strategy
- The ability to prepare and adhere to budgets, generate forecasts and report on sales
- Ability to plan an effective sales itinerary for when you are travelling
- Understanding of operational issues such as warehousing, transport and logistics
- Previous experience as a sales rep for a distributor
- Capacity to understand the science and technology behind the product and deliver it well
- Personal presentation which builds confidence in your professionalism and builds brand credibility
- Solid MS Office experience, Recon and Pipedrive
- A great track record of meeting sales targets and maintaining customer relationships
- Impeccable communication skills and be confident speaking with people from all walks of life