Newman WA, Australia
Casual / Vacation
DO YOU THINK COMMUNICATION IS THE KEY TO A GOOD SAFETY CULTURE?
Our client is a leading service provider of Western Australia's communications and power industries. They utilise a highly skilled workforce and state-of-the-art machinery to consistently deliver projects to the highest standards.
They have a fantastic opportunity for a HSE Advisor to join their WA Team on a project at FMG Eliwana. Doing a 2 and 1 day shift roster, with flights, accommodation, meals provided.
Reporting to the HSE Lead, this role will ensure a culture of safety and quality is maintained in compliance with FMG and our clients management systems.
You will be responsible for providing HSE support to a team of around 20 staff while they undertake civil earthworks, construct foundations and erect communication towers. There will be mobile plant, dual crane lifts, rigger, dogging, working at heights, electrical and communication works.
WHAT’S ON OFFER:
- 2/1 FIFO days shift roster
- 3 month contract with the potential for further work
- $70 p/hr (depending on experience)
ABOUT THE ROLE:
- Overseeing the safety compliance and culture to support workers in completing minor civil, construction and electrical communication works.
- Ensure that all people work sensibly, safely and abide to all WHS & Environmental Acts and Regulations
- Undertake any training needs analysis and manage internal audit programs in consultation with management team.
- Regular client and management engage providing reports, data or any near misses, incidents and injuries with investigation and provide solutions for improvement.
- Conduct random D&A testing on site
- Diploma OHS qualified or Minimum of Cert IV WHS
- Experience in FIFO civil, construction, communication or electrical works
- Knowledge and understanding of WHS and Environmental legislation, standards and code of practice
- D&A testing qualification or ability to obtain
- Sound Microsoft Word and Microsoft Excel skills
- Strong Safety Leadership
- Highly organised with impeccable attention to detail
- Open drivers licence
SOUNDS GREAT, WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
If you possess the above attributes and are seeking a FIFO opportunity please click 'Apply' to submit your application now! You could also email email@example.com or call (08) 6140-1800. Allan specialises is safety advisors, safety officers, OH&S advisors.