Find your dream role
Receptionist + Administration Assistant
Perth WA, Australia
*If you want to put your application to the top of the pile, read this ad thoroughly for a hint*
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Itch has always described themselves as being a little bit different and was started with the purpose of making a positive impact on the recruitment industry. Ten years later, we can comfortably say that we have done exactly that. We could bang on about all the things that make us “different” but then you will just be getting the same spiel you get from every other recruiter. So, we will just lay it all out – you are going to need some serious skills to join this team.
You can expect a fun, motivated and pretty damn inspirational environment (if we do say so ourselves!) But if that isn't enough, you can also look forward to all of this:
- A small close-knit team with a collaborative recruitment style
- The professional credibility of working for a highly ethical company who have a genuine desire to help people find their perfect job.
- The usual office politics – arguments about who’s turn it is on the SONOS, nerf gun fights, you know the drill!
Based in the heart of Subiaco, we are in freshly fitted out purpose-built offices, meaning there is a brand new shiny reception desk waiting for you to make your mark!
Our incredible and loved Receptionist/Admin Assistant is off to travel the world so we need someone who is ready to fill her big shoes! While the work environment is laid back, this is still a serious job; one that is absolutely crucial to the smooth operation and success of the company. You are there to make the best first impression for clients and candidates alike. In short, your role is to bring the sunshine and make sure every interaction someone has with Itch is a memorable one. You will be responsible for:
- Reception – meeting and greeting clients and candidates and making sure they feel very welcome.
- Being across everyone’s diaries at any given minute
- Answering the phone and directing them to the right person
- Keeping the office looking neat and tidy and making sure there is always milk for the coffee machine
- Recruitment Administration - formatting resumes, reference checks and general administration
- Ordering stationary so no one cracks it in the middle of the day because she ran out of pens (we weren’t writing this with anyone in mind…. OK maybe we were)
- Scanning and entering data – the scanner will be your best friend!
- Preparing meeting rooms and playing meeting room tango when there are unexpected visits
- Being a good human
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
You need a very specific kind of personality to qualify as an Itch Receptionist - you MUST be engaging; able to calm the nervous, and able to be empathetic of people who are looking for work. We are looking for a skilled receptionist, who ideally has experience within the professional services sector. We are also looking for:
- An amazing phone manner and great interpersonal skills
- Longevity in work history
- Excellent attention to detail – no spelling errors!
- The ability to communicate in writing in a professional, yet friendly style
- The flexibility to work as an assistant for multiple people, who work in different ways
- A sense of urgency and the ability to prioritise
- A good sense of humour is mandatory – we don’t take ourselves too seriously and enjoying work is one of the core reasons Itch exists.
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
If you possess the above attributes and are seeking secure employment in a great workplace please click 'Apply' to submit your application now!
Cover letters must be addressed to Jodie Perram. Our preferred resume format is MS Word. Tell us why you love reception so much.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.