Perth WA, Australia
In this newly appointed role, you will lead the way in creating lasting memories for families at our clients five established holiday destinations.
GM OF MEMORIES
Let’s get something straight from the beginning here, having run a five-star hotel and resort isn’t going to mean you go straight to interview for this role. We are seeking someone with a unique skillset that can make serious decisions about a very serious subject… fun!
Okay, so that’s the opposite of serious but our client takes fun very seriously, you see they want to ensure that everyone that comes to any of their destinations has an amazing time and creates lifelong memories, you will be the one ensuring that this happens.
We are seeking someone that can see new opportunities and continually bring new experiences to our client’s locations. It is also critical that you are a strong communicator with a high EQ and that you thrive on building strong relationships with people at all levels.
You will have experience in working across multiple locations and managing primarily remotely (you will only be required to get down to the venues approximately every 6 weeks), as this role is based in the clients Perth based office.
You will be rewarded with a generous remuneration and benefits package whilst also working with an inspirational CEO that will support you throughout the journey.
Oh… also: There is also the opportunity to be based down south.. chat to me if that’s of interest and I can fill you in on the details!
- Strategy & Communication: Work with the CEO & Board to design the future.
- Financial: Ensure that the dollars make sense and work with the CFO on budgets and operational expense plans.
- Operating Businesses: Drive enhancements along with ensuring maintenance and the facilities improvement projects are running on schedule and budget.
- Leadership & Staff Development: Continue to strengthen the team and solidify the culture across the business.
- Compliance and Values: Make sure all the right boxes are being checked and working to the company’s strong values.
- Marketing & Branding: This is where you get to be creative.
- Risk Management: Ensure that risk to the business, its employees and clientele is continually assessed and dealt with effectively.
WHAT YOU HAVE TO BRING TO THE TABLE
- Tertiary qualifications preferred.
- Minimum 5 years’ experience in providing executive and inspirational leadership with the tourism/hospitality industry.
- Exceptional interpersonal and communication aptitudes with customers, team members, and external stakeholders.
- Ability to manage end to end operations including staff management, resource planning, WH&S and marketing.
- Experience with analysis of operational budgets and monitoring of the financial performance against budget and agreed targets.
- Experience with policy and procedure development would be desirable.
- Willingness to travel to their various sites in the South-West.
- Valid WA drivers license required.
SOUND LIKE YOUR NEXT ROLE?
If you have been reading through the above and ticking off the checklist and this sounds like your next role, then I would love to hear from you!
Please click ‘Apply’ and forward your resume (in Word format please) along with a cover letter addressed to Amy Morgan.
I understand that this is a big role and if you have questions before applying, please feel free to contact me on 08 6140 1800 and I will be more than happy to have a highly confidential chat.