Find your dream role
Brisbane QLD, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Located in a modern, conveniently located office in the Brisbane CBD, our client is a business consultant who is a force to be reckoned with. They’re currently in start up mode and it would be an understatement to say they have hit the ground running. The first motto here is “progress over perfection” and that comes with a genuine interest in seeing the staff grow and succeed. You’ll be surrounded by young, smart individuals who want to kick butt together with some solid in office camaraderie. The second saying you’ll hear is “how can I help” so while it’s a bustling environment, you won’t be short on support.
This role will appeal to a lot of people, but it’s not your stock standard Executive Officer we are looking for. It’s a fast-paced environment for team players only. You will be the heartbeat of the team, but also the side kick to the CEO. Being in the consulting space, he genuinely cares about people and is far from the old school CEO type, more like a coach. He’s busy, real busy, but never too busy to make sure the team is aligned, outcomes are being achieved and clients are seeing results.
To put it simply, it’s all about getting the right people in front of the CEO at the right time. This includes understanding the context, priorities, minimising stress and just getting things done. As in most offices, the CEO’s time is valuable and it will be up to you to manage his calendar, inbox and reminders. It will take some time, but if you can learn to think like him, you’ll be sailing.
You will also be required to:
- Map out the day ahead of time and keep meetings and appointments on track with a subtle “you’re late, get moving!” if required
- Bump brains occasionally to nut out solutions
- Capture the crucks of meetings, do what needs to be done, and move onto the next
- If an opportunity presents – grab it!
- Converse with clients with confidence
- Future plan for changes and lock in client times
- See the bigger picture, get the whole business perspective and make decisions throughout your day based on that
- Draft emails, respond to queries, prioritise tasks
- Follow up all points of contact CONSTANTLY
It is a process driven role but that doesn’t involve wrapping everyone in red tape. We’re not looking for a gate keeper here, we’re looking for someone who’s an organised freak, with a side of leadership. Perhaps you're looking to be a CEO yourself some day? (Now we're talking!)
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
It goes without saying that our client is full of drive and ambition and naturally, we’re expecting you to be the same. And in this case, maturity is more important that experience. We need someone who can push the envelope, draft that email, make that call, do the thing! You will also need to be:
- Confident and comfortable chatting to high end clients (most of the time you will be speaking with CEO’s)
- Proficient with Microsoft Office
- Open minded
- Super responsive
- Self sufficient
- A master at walking and talking
- Resilient, especially when the heat is on
- A stress reducer (yes, that is a thing)
- Team focused
- Positive, bright, full of good intentions and ready to see this business kick it up a gear
If it’s a heck yes from you, let’s chat.
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Amy Morgan and include an answer to the question:
What makes you the ultimate Executive Officer?
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.