Executive Assistant to the CEO
Broome WA, Australia
HELP MAKE A DIFFERENCE
Based in Broome this role will see you working with a CEO that is nationally recognised for her work in developing and evolving a better education system for indigenous youth in Australia. Making this a position that will not only give you the challenges and range of responsibilities that you seek, but also give the warm fuzzies that you are helping better many young peoples lives.
The CEO spends 50% of her time in Broome, with the remainder either traveling or in Queensland where she resides.
WORK THAT IS BROAD AND VARIED
Whilst this role is primarily assisting the CEO you will also assist two other Directors as required, as well as providing company secretarial support to the Board.
KEY OPERATIONAL RESPONSIBILITIES
Along with your day-to-day general administration tasks, preparing correspondence and other documents as directed by the CEO you will also;
- Manage and maintain the CEO's calendar, including scheduling meetings and appointments.
Your excellent time management skills and judgement will be put to the test here as you consider current and emerging issues to prioritise the CEO's time restraints.
- Anticipate and collate material for CEO's meetings and presentations.
This is your bread and butter, your 3+ years in a similar role would leave you now able to do this in your sleep!
- Coordinate and organise travel for the CEO and Directors.
As above, this is something that is basically second nature to you. You have the interpersonal skills to get to know the intricacies of the individual and their preferences when it comes to travel.
- Carry out special projects.
These will be something that you juggle along with your other responsibilities and will offer you that personal challenge that you find highly rewarding.
COMPANY SECRETARIAL SUPPORT
Your experience in scheduling, preparing required documentation and attending board meetings will come into play here as you will be responsible for;
- Preparing the annual calendar of Board meeting dates.
- Scheduling and maintaining arrangements for Board meetings.
- Preparing and distributing all documentation including board packs, agendas and meeting minutes.
- Attending the meetings, prepare minutes and providing follow up support to the Board.
THE NITTY GRITTY ABOUT YOU
So, you have read through the above and been ticking off each item whilst saying to yourself "I've done that", "Oh I love doing that!" and "That sounds interesting" but what are the other key things that you need to bring to the table to be successful in this role?
- 3+ Years in a similar role where you have supported a CEO, senior management and a Board.
- Excellent interpersonal skills that extend to the written word and an EQ that sees you easily build and maintain relationships. You will utilise this most effectively when communicating both up and down the corporate structure.
- You have a strong personality that allows you to push-back when required, but you do so in a manner that is considered and well-articulated.
- You naturally love it when the pressure is on but equally have the initiative to find work when required.
- You are used to working with an entrepreneurial mind, you know how to get the most out of them and guide them through their thought process to get the results they want.
- As we mentioned previously the CEO is only in Broome for 50% of the time, so you must be a self-starter and why being an excellent communicator is so important in this role.
- You have, or are able to attain, a Working with Children check and National Police Certificate. (These are required)
YEP THIS IS THE ROLE FOR ME!
Still ticking all the boxes? Then we would love to hear from you so please click apply and forward your resume (in Word format please) along with a Cover Letter addressed to Amy Morgan and tell us why you are the person we have been looking for!
PS: Remember that part about 'Attention to detail'? Well, we won't be considering any applications that don't do a personalised Cover Letter as mentioned above. We only want the people that read the whole ad, not just skim through and miss the details.
“Looking for your match made in job heaven? Meet ‘The Matchmaker’. Amy works in the Executive Assistant and Senior Management space and pretty much knows all there is to know about finding the perfect match in executive land. Her vast experience, paired with her wicked sense of humour and wild card approach to recruiting will make the whole process seamless and exciting.”