Find your dream role
Sydney NSW, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Based in Banksmeadow, our client is a national not-for-profit community organisation who works across urban and remote areas of Australia. A well-established, successful and respected organisation, its focus is on helping youth to improve their chances of having the kind of lives that all people deserve.
This is a kind and generous organisation, and the office environment reflects this; they are compassionate and friendly like a family, but at the same time, everyone is very much focused on achieving objectives. There are 550 employees nationwide however this office is a small team of 6.
You’ll be supporting the Deputy CEO. He’s been there 18 years so is an absolute asset to the company and a wealth of knowledge. He’s the old school type, which means printing the calendar for the day, highlighting tasks and managing the overflowing inbox on his behalf. The more support you can offer, the more he can focus on the growth of the business, which is the main goal here. Whilst they are a not-for-profit, they are very commercially focused so you will play a very important role in taking some of the load. You’ll not only be the “can-do” person but also the “I got this”. Excitingly, there is also more to this role beyond EA support, reporting and administration. The successful candidate will also have the opportunity to coordinate and participate in a number of large scale events in NSW.
There will be a lot of follow up involved, making sure every item on the to-do list has been actioned, and the gentle reminder to hurry along to the next meeting or appointment.
Here’s a snapshot:
- Diary and appointment management
- Providing administrative support including letters and emails
- Coordinate meetings, set up the rooms and AV systems, agendas, and distribute minutes
- Some office management – warmly welcoming visitors, general maintenance, stationery, you get the gist
- Integrate yourself into the business and gain the trust of your colleagues so that you can easily get the information you need and efficiently manage your day.
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
We are looking for someone with all-around administrative skills, who is passionate about doing great work for a truly outstanding cause. We want someone who can use their initiative, and who brings positive energy to work every day. You must be the kind of person who can drop everything when you need to, and juggle priorities. You should be motivated by seeing your hard work come to fruition and knowing you are making a difference in people’s lives. You will also need:
- Previous experience as an executive assistant
- Excellent diary management experience
- Intelligence that you can apply to solve problems
- Practical and down-to-earth, easy-going, but able to focus and go the extra mile to get things done
- Passionate about the work
- Independent; able to use your initiative and manage up
- Exceptional communication skills
- Empathy and the ability to take the time to listen to people
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Emma Galloway.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.