Find your dream role
Western Australia, Australia
Probation to Permanent
We've noticed that there are some new kids on the block in the drilling recruitment space. So, we're here to remind you why you should be coming to see Itch Mining + Drilling if you're looking for opportunities in the industry:
- We offer a range of roster options!
- We can guarantee you a PERMANENT job upon completion of your probation with us!
- We have Competitive Pay Rates!
- We can help you get all the relevant tickets through our Training Assistance Program. Valued at up to $3000 we have helped people get their HR licence, Working at heights ticket, 4WD training, first aid cert and more!
- Access to employee assistance and FIFO wellbeing programs
- Our clients are industry leaders; they're not going anywhere, and neither is your job!
- We are WA Owned and Operated by a team of experienced recruiters who know the drilling industry like the back of their hand, because they’ve been out on the rigs and done the work!
The perks of this role are absolutely second to none:
- Family friendly rosters, swings of 2/1, 2/2, 4/2 available.
- Earn up to $6720 in your first swing! (Are you buying a jet ski or a dirt bike first?)
- Savings incentive program
- Have your HR, 4WD, W@H and 1st Aid paid for and get paid to do the courses!
- Working on Pilbara mine sites with access to some of the best amenities in the mining sector! Such as a gym, En-Suite rooms with Wi-Fi and TV, general store, bar, and a dining room with chefs. (No caravans or swags with these guys.)
Becoming a driller’s offsider could be the start of your career. Starting as ‘Driller’s Assistant 1’ and working through your Certificate II and III in drilling over the next few years (paid for by your employer!!). Moving up the ranks to ‘Driller’s Assistant 2’, then ‘Trainee Driller’ and finally becoming a qualified Driller (these guys earn around $150-250k per year!)
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Here comes the boar-ing stuff. At a minimum we NEED you to have the following:
- At least 3 months in a labour-intensive background.
- A C-Class manual driving licence.
- A National Police Clearance (Or know you will pass one without any nasty surprises for us).
- Be a WA resident with Australian work rights
- High level of physical fitness. (You will be put through your paces in our testing room.)
- The ability to pass a pre-employment medical and pass a drug and alcohol test
These qualifications are highly regarded, but not necessary:
- HR Licence
- Working at Heights ticket
- First Aid Certificate
- 4WD Training
- Forklift Ticket
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram