Find your dream role
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Our client is a large, well-established, and stable stockbroking and financial services company in the CBD. This is a company of people who know how to focus on the task at hand, and how to wind down after the hard work is done. Staff commitment and loyalty is high, so these roles don't come up very often!
This is an environment based on respect - don't expect to be pushed around or treated like a coffee-fetching servant; that kind of behaviour is not tolerated by anyone in the company. Of course, this is still the stockbroking world, so you should also expect a lot of big, charismatic personalities and a lot of fun, and come ready with a sense of humour as well
Reporting in to one of the nicest guys in stockbroking, he is (self-confessed) not great at admin so he really appreciates the work you do. He also isn’t afraid to get his hands dirty and pitch in when needed. His expectations are high and he believes you should work with pride, purpose, and aspire to be good at what you do.
This role is integral to the smooth running of the office. Not only will you be the first point of contact, but you will also provide support for the advisers. Your primary responsibility is to ensure all administration for the Perth office is adequately maintained and to provide seamless service to clients and business partners. The clients are high-net-worth individuals, so you need to be confident and be able to understand what they are asking for when you are the only person in the office and they call. This is a big role, so let’s get into the nitty-gritty:
- Paraplanning work - Preparation of correspondence, presentations, reports, and other documentation
- Undertake administrative tasks such as ordering stationery, business cards, and receipt management
- Manage diaries and prioritise and screen email correspondence and enquires on behalf of the advisers
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
You need to be able to build professional relationships with your colleagues and gain respect. You must be able to stay calm and focused under pressure, and ultimately, we need someone who genuinely loves working in the buzz and pressure of the Market. You will also need:
- Market experience is a “must have”
- A high degree of integrity and confidentiality
- An excellent capacity for learning quickly and applying knowledge
- Proven ability to juggle multiple tasks and prioritise (and re-prioritise) on-the-fly; maintaining high standards
- Excellent initiative, common sense, and self-motivation
- Fast, accurate typing skills
- Advanced MS Word skills and intermediate to advanced skills in the rest of the MS Office package
- Ideally, a good understanding of Financial Services and Stockbroking
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
If you possess the above attributes and are seeking secure employment in a great workplace please click 'Apply' to submit your application now!
Cover letters can be made attention to Amy Morgan. Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.