THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
We are thrilled to be representing our client who are in a growth period like we have never seen. This is not an overnight success either, the business has been quietly working hard for over a decade to get here. Join the ride as this business continues to transform to become a major player in the mining game.
As a dual role, you will be across two ASX listed mining organisations that share the same Chairman. They are experienced mining professionals who are well respected in the industry for the knowledge and approach to business. On top of this, they are also just wonderful people! Both companies are in the resources sector committed to growth and a strong set of values.
For the first organisation, you will be responsible for all the normal Company Secretary duties and reporting to the Managing Director. The second organisation will require you to do all the work, just not the final sign off.
The office is on the outskirts of the CBD, with easily accessible public transport and parking.
If you’ve been in a similar role before, we don’t need to tell you what’s involved. However, simply put, you will need to be extremely proactive when it comes to corporate governance and compliance and follow the procedures and guidelines to a tee. There will be two board meetings per month to cover both companies and you will need to ensure all runs smoothly, playing a vital role in the compliance of the business.
You will be responsible for:
- Ensuring compliance across all aspects
- Lodging ASX announcements
- Drafting forms
- Managing shareholder meetings
- Maintain company registers (reflecting statutory obligations as well as best practice)
- All other secretarial requirements
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
On top of well-developed administrative skills, this role requires strong attention to detail and a strong understanding of current compliances. We are looking for someone who is grounded and no-nonsense – who is dedicated to doing good work and motivated by knowing that you are keeping the company in check.
You will also need:
- The upmost confidentiality and discretion in everything you do
- Significant organisational abilities
- Well-developed time-management skills
- Previous experience within a mining company
- Experience taking minutes
- The ability to work for people with high expectations of the quality of your work
- A resilient, respectful, and quality-focused attitude
- Previous experience with ASX listed companies