Find your dream role
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
Our Client is a highly reputable mid-tier accounting firm with offices across all states of Australia. Located in the heart of Perth, the offices are open-planed, bright and colourful, and have an incredible dining area/kitchen filled with greenery to boot.
These guys are well renowned for offering some of the best training in Australia. There are also opportunities to continue to grow by progressing in the audit team or taking a sideways step into the Tax and Business Advisory division (or any other for that matter). It’s a very sociable team as well, with regular Friday drinks (no pressure to go though), an active social club and regular morning teas. On a more serious note, the staff are incredibly approachable and supportive. They are caring employers who believe that family comes first. They are open to flexible working hours and allow you to work from home when you want.
Being at the manager or senior level, you should already know what an auditor does so we won’t bore you with the basics. As you can imagine, you will be expected to have a thorough understanding of auditing standards, procedures and techniques. This is a key role in the organisation that will have you wearing your auditor hat as well as your mentoring one. You will have strong admin support too, with all of your back-end work being done while you sleep. As part of this role, you will also:
- Be responsible for managing, directing and monitoring teams on multiple engagements
- Plan, execute and complete external audits in a wide variety of industries
- Understand and manage firm risk on audits
- Ensure compliance with (Firm) and International Auditing Standards
- Monitor financial performance of projects, focusing on optimising profitability
- Compile reports for audit committees and management
- Maintain communication with clients to manage expectations and ensure deadlines are met
- Review all work before submission to Manager/Audit Partner for further review
- Train and mentor staff on projects
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Ideally, we’re looking for someone with a demonstrated background in either Big 4 or a second-tier accounting practice within the audit and assurance division. You will have a passion and keen interest in auditing standards and a genuine desire to achieve positive outcomes for your clients.
You will have achieved a relevant bachelor’s degree. A CA or CPA certification is also a big tick.
Other things that will excite us:
- Excellent project management, analytical, interpersonal, oral and written communication skills
- A thorough knowledge of current auditing techniques
- A willingness to take on additional opportunities
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Jaclyn O’Donnell.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.