Accounts Payable / Accounting Assistant
Perth WA, Australia
Offering either 3 or 4 days per week this role will suit the person that likes getting in and getting their work done! You will work predominately across AP but have the opportunity to assist across the other finance areas, in particular timesheets and payroll.
You will work as part of a small close-knit team where everyone likes to have a chat but also focussing on achieving the days tasks.
The role will suit the person that is able to push back on the Engineering teams to ensure that everything has been coded correctly, this is where your background in exploration will be key.
You will also be the type of person that likes to pitch in across the business where needed, like I said this is a small, yet effective, team which lives up to their values two of which are respect and energy!
So, what will a day look like in this role? Here is an idea of the key tasks involved.
• Full AP function – end to end accounts payable processing (No PO system)
• Supplier invoice processing
• Prepare and process employee expense reimbursements
• Project/Tenement coding of invoices and credit notes
• Regular vendor payment runs
• Ad-hoc vendor payments as required
• Process and reconcile credit card transactions
• Supplier/Vendor statement reconciliations
• Communicate with suppliers and resolve queries
• Bank Reconciliation
• Credit Card Reconciliations
• Processing daily drill plods for exploration team
• Bank account and credit card management
• AP mailbox management
• Credit Application preparation
• Management of supplier management system
• Liaising with site regarding any AP queries that need clarification.
• Assist with Payroll preparation and timesheet management
• Assist with month end reconciliations
• Assist with exploration administration
• Adhoc duties as required including general administration
This ASX listed resources company continues to develop and grow, with modern offices based in West Perth. They are spearheaded by a Chairman who is one of the key figures in WA’s resources industry backed by an exceptional leadership team.
They are currently running several projects across the country including Western Australia, the Northern Territory and Queensland.
To be successful in this role we are looking for the person with the following key experience.
• 3+ years experience in Accounts Payable
• Accounting degree - desirable
• CA or CPA degree – highly desirable
• Solid experience in Exploration
• Exceptional attention to detail
• Strong communication skills – both written and verbal
SOUNDS GOOD, WHAT NOW?
If you have been ticking all the boxes above and are interested to learn more about the role then apply today!
This role is available now and we are keen to speak to you. Please forward your resume (in Word format please) along with a Cover Letter telling us about your exploration background and why this is the role for you.
- Your application will include the following questions:
- Which of the following statements best describes your right to work in Australia?
- How many years exploration experience do you have?