Find your dream role
Perth WA, Australia
THE WHO, THE WHAT AND THE WHERE
This is a phenomenal opportunity to be steering the ship of this progressive, forward-focused Accounting Firm. We understand that there are quite a few options in the Perth market at present however none quite like this one. Here is why!
- The business is led by three incredibly experienced and talented individuals
- Given their experience, they have a really diverse range of fascinating clients
- The business is in a phase of rapid growth with so much work on it, if you excel, it will absolutely be recognised.
- They are very technically advanced and are into paperless work environments so you’ll be more efficient and save the planet at the same time – double win!
- They are very social and quite frankly, just a tonne of fun.
- The office is based in Leederville (hello amazing lunch options!)
You’ll need to know the importance of building strong client relationships, not just through being engaging, but by delivering on time and with efficiency. It will look a little like this:
- Review of tax compliance for your allocated client base prepared by the team of in-house and offshore staff
- Income tax, financial statements, BAS, FBT
- Review of preparation of General Purpose Financial Statements
- Undertake research and provide written advice
- Work with Principal and Directors to provide pro-active advice and support to your client base
- Liaise with the offshore team in the preparation of compliance and other services
- Assist with review of financial modelling, cash flow planning and budgeting for clients in a diverse range of industries
- Maintain ongoing client management and contact and attend client meetings where required for your allocated client base
- Interact and work collaboratively with external referral partners
- Assist in attending, facilitating and participate in training
- Coach and mentor junior staff and assist with their workflow management and development
- Assist in business development
DO YOU HAVE WHAT IT TAKES?
Because you’re an Accountant, we already know you’ll be sharp as a tack, but what we are also looking for, is someone who will get in on the office camaraderie and likes to have a bit of fun, at the same time leading the team and keeping the focus. Here’s what else we are looking for:
- Degree qualified and a qualified CA/CPA
- 5+ years’ experience ideally in a Tax, Tax Compliance or Advisory Services in Big 4, mid-tier or boutique tax specialist Firms
- An experienced Assistant Manager or Manager looking to further develop career growth
- Driven with the ambition to develop a successful career in Tax and Business Advisory
- Motivated to learn, be challenged and mentored
- Experience in the use of Xero Practice Manager and Tax
- Advanced Microsoft Excel experience
- Clear written and communication skills
- Strong technical tax skills
THIS SOUNDS PERFECT! WHERE DO I SIGN UP?
To get yourself to the top of the pile, include a cover letter addressed to Jaclyn O’Donnell.
Our preferred resume format is MS Word.
We might seem a little quirky... but we take your privacy very seriously. Your application is highly confidential and will not be discussed with anyone outside of Itch without your permission.
We only ever advertise our jobs on SEEK, Indeed and via our personal channels (eg. LinkedIn). To ensure quality and security of your application, please only apply via these websites.
For interesting business, HR and employment news, our latest roles and some amusing pictures thrown in for good measure, find us on LinkedIn, Facebook and Instagram.